View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 22nd, 2009, 12:43 PM       
lol, you're right, that sounds just like it.

I'm irritated at our local hospital. I had to go to the ER in December. My insurance negotiated the cost down and paid all but a couple hundred, which is lucky for me because there's no way in hell I could have done it all myself.

As it is, I'm happy to pay down the balance steadily. However, it's not as quick as they want. I've sent two checks in two months with all I can afford to pay each month (no, I'm not sending smartass checks for $2 or anything). They sent me a letter commanding me to call to make "acceptable payment arrangements". I went through that a few months earlier and they won't settle for anything less than the bill being paid off in large chunks I can't afford. So I sent in another check. Which they've cashed.

Then they sent me a colorful (bright orange paper) "second notice" bill for the full amount, no credit for what I've paid, threatening to send me to collections.

Then the next day, a "collections notice" on bright pink paper.

I'm irritated. I've sent them two checks in two months, which they've cashed, and not "under protest" (what you're supposed to write if you dispute the method or terms). Now they've put me on the fast track to "collections" for the total amount, not even giving me credit for what I've paid?

Grrrrrr.

So now I have to call and argue with them tomorrow, and I'm getting angry thinking about it because I know they're going to try and bully me into paying the full balance and I just can't.