Thread: GG Plaxico
View Single Post
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
I'll give any NFL player this: Darrent Williams, Sean Taylor, and Richard Collier were all shot over the last two years. So maybe these guys are being targeted because of their "bling," or the fact that they're recognizable and people know they're rich.

The problem with that is to guys like Plaxico, the solution is carrying a gun. If I move into their tax bracket, I'm not carrying a gun. Someone (with a license and training) is carrying the gun for me. Either that, or I'm going to classier/safer places or just staying at home and rolling around in my money.
The problem with is that Steve Smith, another wide receiver for the Giants (who makes a lot less money thatn Plax) was robbed in his own Drive way. He got out of his and some dude came out of hiding and put a gun to his head.

Honestly, I don't think that was any concernof Burress Friday night, but it goes to show a lot of these guys are targets simply for being well known.

It is one thing to say, "hey, don't wear $20,000 of bling and stroll through Red Hook" like someone did a few years ago. But, I'm not going to fault a young guy who has made it big for wanting a big house and nice car.

One more thing bugging me: How the hell did Plax get into a night club wearing sweat pants?