View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2010, 12:58 PM       
So with Sonic 4 probably going to suck, I decided to play all of the 2D Sonics until I got pissed off and moved on to the next game. What I learned:

-Sonic 1 wasn't all that fast. It was just a platformer with bad controls and sometimes you went fast but you usually got hit for going too fast anyways.
-Tails was a totally useless addition, whether you played with someone or not.
-Chaos Emeralds are the worst thing to happen to the whole franchise.
-Sonic Advance was the last good Sonic game, period. Sadly, the graphics are ugly.
-Sonic Advance 2 is pretty horrible in terms of gameplay, since all you do is hold right, but dammit, the game gets you so excited to start holding right. The music builds up, Sonic does a warm-up stretch, the announcer counts down, and bam, you're running. And it's awesome. Until you realize you haven't done a damn thing the whole level.
-Sonic Advance 3 is pretty horrible until you get to Sunset Hill, which is a Green Hill remix right down to the music. Then the game goes right back to being horrible.
-Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure have great soundtracks. Too bad boosting ruins the entire game and anything it aspires to be.

So really, Sonic hasn't ever been that great, but if you're 8 years old and stupid, he's pretty cool.