View Single Post
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2008, 04:25 PM       
Lord. Just because you don't tell kids about something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I remember that I was really young in elementary school (maybe second grade myself) when I told my mom something like "When I grow up, I'm going to marry Amanda" (Amanda was my best friend then). My mom made some comment along the lines that women usually married men, but also added that sometimes women did marry other women, and that was it. We both dropped it.

Point is, when I was in second grade I didn't even fully understand the implications that marriage held. I didn't know about sex then. I just thought it meant you hung around together. I don't think it'll ruin a child forever to hear it in passing. Also, far as I can remember we weren't taught specifically about any kind of marriage in elementary school, unless you count when one of the teachers got married and we were told to throw a party for her.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.