Thread: Public Enemies
View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:07 AM       
LOL.

I used to live in the town where he escaped from jail with what may or may not have been a gun-shaped piece of soap (lots of different opinions on what it actually was). Everyone wanted to believe it was from the big courthouse holding cells, but from what I remember it was actually a smaller building that's a bar now.

The sheriff who was in charge when he escaped lived to like 102-103 and had a huge Victorian mansion downtown. You weren't allowed to mention Dillinger to her ever. Everyone was forbidden to talk about it in her presence. She died when I was in high school.

We were famous for being the place where Dillinger escaped and where Ronald Reagan and Elizabeth Taylor married some exes of theirs (we were right across the border from Chicago and didn't have a waiting period on marriage licenses).

I guess part of "Public Enemies" was filmed in town, but I was long-gone by the time that happened. I'd be curious to see it, though.