View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 02:41 PM       
Here's a fun story about the first and only time I gave blood:

I was a senior in high school, and I was not looking forward to another pre-calc class with Mr. Dipshit Fresh-Outta-College Teecher Guy. Then, I noticed that there was a blood drive going on that day. What fantastic timing! Sure, I thought to myself, you've never been a big fan of needles, but it's that, or go to class.

So there I am, sitting in a lawn chair in the gymnasium while some fat broad shoves a bamboo shoot into my elbow. Hell, I don't care. I'm ditching class, and I've got an excuse. So while my blood is getting donated, I look around and see one of my friends helping with some of the non-medical stuff (handing out T-shirts and cold pizza). I wave to him, and he comes over to talk with me for a bit. Oh yeah, we say, giving blood is such a noble thing to do. Blah blah blah.

Then all of a sudden, my friend gets this horrified look on his face. I ask him "what?" Then, things start to get really dark, and I said "uh oh". Apparently, while we were talking, my face went completely pale and my lips turned blue. After a minute of lying back and not talking, I get better to the point where I can see and hear again, which was a plus.

After a few more minutes, the ogress who jammed the needle into me says I'm all done, but that I shouldn't stand up too quickly. Sure enough, I look over and see some kid jump off his lawn chair and walk for the exit. He takes about two normal steps, then two steps like he's walking against a strong wind, and then he starts falling. Lucky for him, a couple volunteers saw it coming and were there to catch him. I chuckled to myself. That'll teach him to be in such a hurry.

I finally get well enough to stand up and leave. They give me a sticker, I pass on the pizza, and they forget to give me a shirt. What a damn gyp.