Thread: My fitness game
View Single Post
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 04:45 PM       
My old gym installed a similar program once. Ride on a trail, race AI, place in rankings. As gay as it was, it still LOOKED fun as hell. It wasn't, it was dull and annoying. Honestly, yours looks better as it is right now (just for ramps alone), if it lets you race against other players.

Still, the biggest problem I had with the program I used was that there wasn't any sense of speed whatsoever. The whole time I was thinking THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED, WHY AM I NOT ON A REAL BIKE. So I went out and bought a bike later, then never used the machines again.

I think you're on the right track by making it an actual game instead of some lazy simulator bullshit, but you're still competing with actually going out for a real bike ride with real speed and real wind in your face. I'd definitely think about a track editor, but mainly I'd focus on giving the player a satisfying sense of acceleration, letting him/her adjust the level of A.I opponents, and (if possible) linking multiple machines Hydro-Thunder style