View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 03:37 PM       
Rooster Cogburn.

I dunno. I mean, it's sort of an attempt to stretch out the True Grit thing with a female lead old enough to be a noncreepy love interest. Still avenging a murdered father, still more manly than womanly, and so on. It's the only time that John Wayne and Katherine Hepburn ever appeared together and it's like his second-to-last movie or something, so I guess if you're into westerns you should watch it just to watch it.

I thought Jeff Bridges played a better drunk Rooster Cogburn than John Wayne did, but that's just me.

Have you ever noticed that people with healthy eyes who wear eyepatches inevitably curl their lips on the side with the patch? Maybe they feel like they need to hold the patch on with their cheek.