View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 03:28 PM       
Yes, Beggar's Night is a stupid Ohio phenomenon. I fucking hate that name. It's usually the Thursday before Halloween, but sometimes it's the Saturday. I think it's their way of keeping little kids out of the way of asshole teenagers and nefarious types on Halloween proper.

I ended up giving the 13 year old kid next door like 10 bags of candy, and there are a good 15 left. I was so disappointed.

We live near a retirement village filled with cranky old people who hate kids. One end of our street is young grandparents (40s and 50s) who are into it, and the other end is full of po' folks who are into it but only for the taking part, not the giving. So all in all there weren't that many houses giving out treats.

Still, the baby got a pretty good haul for a baby. And we were telling people we didn't need candy.