View Single Post
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 10:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
What I hate about cell phones is how these days everyone wants one that can text and play music and download/identify songs and download video clips and tell you what's playing at which movie theater and plays video games and gives you internet service. IT'S A FRICKING PHONE! You use it to CALL PEOPLE! I can't believe a person's sooooo desperate to figure out when "Marley and Me" is playing that they can't go home and check the newspaper.

I got a cell phone a few days before I started college. Why? Because I had a late class and my parents wanted me to call them when it was over so they'd know I was heading home. That's it. I use it to call my family. So over the course of the semester, I've used it for about two minutes a week, plus the odd Thursdays (for Japanese Club meetings).

So my point is, to me a cell phone is a basic thing. You type in a number, you wait while it rings, you talk when it's picked up, you hang up. It's basically a home phone that's portable.

Sorry about the rant. That just kind of gets at me.
Apology not accepted. What's good for an obsessive Zelda nerd is not necessarily good for the masses.