View Single Post
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 08:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntToShreds View Post
How is humanity supposed to progress if we use potential human beings as a commodity? I mean, with adult stem cells, you won't have to deal with religious activists...
For me, I can't presume how humanity is progressing or will progress. Anybody who wants to read the bones or glance into their crystal ball for me can feel free. As Zhukov pointed out, humans are a commodity. If I wanted to change that, I'd start by helping people who are out of a womb who are being exploited around the world for the gains of people with bad intentions.

What I can presume (based on what smart guys say) is that embryonic stem cells have the potential to help people who are suffering, whose quality of life is substandard, and who burden their families. Not saying that all people with the conditions stem cells can help aren't satisfied with their lives, but if I lost the use or control of my limbs or mind or what have you, I would want to regain use/control of them.

Religion should never, ever dictate government policy (especially in a country that has no official religion), and if you do believe in an all-powerful, omniscient god, then let him handle things. You think he's going to put the spark of life into cells that he knows aren't going to grow to maturity? I don't. God gave us the power to choose, to invent, to improve our lives, and to find ways to improve the quality of our lives.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"