View Single Post
Evil ROMhacker
Jomb is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 03:55 AM       
Eyelobe - My favorite DK album is also Plastic Surgery Disasters, though actually I really like all of them. Unlike many bands, they quit while they were still going strong. I have every single DK album, yet I somehow never checked out any of the stuff Jello did post-DK. I've been meaning to for 15 years or so now and just never get around to it!

Jediscum - What a strange coincidence! And I was also into Metallica, Megadeth, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden before discovering punk rock. Frankenchrist really expanded my idea of what music was. Before that I was thinking heavy metal music was the only good music and did'nt like any other kind of music. Within a year of listening to Frankenchrist I hardly ever listened to any metal and was getting into all kinds of strange music.
I also remember back in the late 80's/early 90's when the only way I could get any punk music was to find a ride to the big college town about 40 miles from my home. There was one store there that had a really great selection of underground and punk music.
The last thing I bought from Alternative Tentacles was Gacy's Place by The Mentally Ill, earlier this year actually. It was a reissue of some music from 1978 that never got much of a release back then. It is some of the best punk music I've heard in a long time though.
Next time I buy music I'll look for some nomeansno.

Sacks - And you were acting like I should'nt be into GG Allin because of the 15 year olds, and here I'm older than you

Sethomas - Was 24-Hour Party People any good? I like Joy Division.