View Single Post
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 03:48 AM       
Honestly, I never really got into Pearl Jam. Now, Nirvana... I actually heard "Bleach" when it kinda new and dug it. A year or so later, "Nevermind" came out and they got radio play. I thought that was great for a month. But they never stopped. The radio stations never stopped playing that song for what seemed like three fucking years and I started to HATE Nirvana.

The same holds true for Metallica and their "...And Justice For All" album. It didn't really get any radio play, and I did like it for about 3 months. Then it seemed, I couldn't escape listening to it. They made their first video, "One", after swearing up and down they would never make a video. Then every retard on the planet started blasting it. I would walk down the road, and cars would pass by playing some song off that album. That was what? 1988? 1989? It's not a bad album... It was just played so much at parties or whatever, I felt like I couldn't escape it. Same with Nirvana.

That's just a personal bitch of mine. I can like a band, an album and listen to it over and over. Yet, if I cannot escape listening to something, even if I like it, I get hateful about it. I just burned out, y'know.

It's why I can't listen to radio anymore. Classic Rock - Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, and Lynard Skynard OVER AND OVER REPEATEDLY. It changes slightly depending on region but they still burn me out. The same goes for all these "cutting-edge" alterna-metal stations called "THE 'X' ".They'll play stuff which is tolerable, at best, but their playlist is like 40 or 50 songs. Ozzy's hit "I Don't Wanna Stop" was awesome when I first heard it, It had a really great hook, was catchy in a way I've never heard Ozzy before. Then I listened to it four times a day for two months.

Now here's a man who can do a radio show...

Yeah, Henry Rollins... http://harmonyinmyhead.com/ and his archives http://www.rollins-archive.com/

Actually, even Rollins kinda plays some of the same bands over and over. But at least ya get Led Zepplin mixed with The Fall, Public Enemy, Sleater-Kinney, Roky Erickson and some cool shit I've never heard.

It's the holidays, I'm drunk and I forgot what I was talking about. HONK IF YOU LOVE PUSSY!