View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 12:33 AM       
Generally in Metroid style games there's only one or two paths open, and using them yields an item that lets you open up a blocked path in a previous location. Rinse, repeat, etc. Doesn't SotN also have a linear plot? So, if you're getting cutscenes, you're going the right way.

I'm sort of regretting getting Stalker. It's completely broken as fuck, like THQ just went in halfway through development and went "uh guys we're releasing this now ok"

I was instructed to download and install Oblivion Lost, which apparently fixes a lot of the vanilla release, but all I got was a folder with nonsense files and a readme that pretty much just says "lol now u have to install it"

The AI's really not too bright, either. I holed myself up in a barracks on a military research center and sat adjacent to the door while nearly everyone on the compound obediently shuffled into the room like shooting gallery ducks. There is a neat pile of bodies in the corner.

The game's still pretty fun, but there's a lot of wasted potential, here.

One of my favorite amusements involves stirring up alarm in a moderately sized enemy camp, sprinting away, and then hunting anyone who comes after me like an animal.