View Single Post

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 02:37 PM       
When I was young and idealistic, I used to quit all my jobs on a whim and with a big ol' 'fuck you' to the boss. Of course, two or three months later, with my arms beginning to look like pincushions from all the plasma I donated, I'd come crawling back, looking to get hired back again. Surprisingly, it worked more often than not, mostly due to pity, I guess.

Unfortunately, the last time I did that, I got burned. I tried applying at a different Blockbuster (yeah, I worked for the Man), thinking that since they didn't know me, I'd get hired due to my experience. But of course, they just happened to have the same district manager as my old store. They called me in for an interview, and he showed up, took one look at me, laughed, and told me to "get the fuck out of my store. You will NEVER work at one of my stores, and by the way, here's a list of all the stores I run, so don't even try applying at any of them".

So, my point is, um, god-damnit. I forgot. Wait, yeah. As good as it may feel to tell your boss off, it just may come back to bite you squarely in the ass. Leave on good terms, not a barrage of middle fingers.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...