View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2007, 09:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
So you don't need to dick with the firmware to have a protected sector?
No, that's only if you want ONLY the protected one, not an open and protected one.

Quote:
The unprotected part, how do people pay to use that? Is it automatic? Or is it just there and I'm supposed to go around and collect money or what ;<
I guess. If you're really tech-savvy, you might write up a program and stuff like the kind Starbucks has.

But I think that there's something along with the disc. Like I said, I'll get the thing back soon and will be able to answer your questions better. I believe I'll have it on Tuesday, Wednesday, if not.

Quote:
I notice they put all people who accept this on a big map with their address shown. Could I get more info on what exactly I am expected to do after receiving this router?
To get your name and such to show up on the map, you have to do nothing but add your name to the giant map of other people's your router after everything's set up. There's a brief instructional booklet that comes with the router and a more comprehensive manual on the disc that comes with it.