Thread: 2010 NFL Season
View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2010, 07:09 AM       
My thoughts so far on how Cleveland has done

Joe Haden, CB, Florida- At first I was not too sure what I thought of this choice. Clearly the Browns could use a QB, but their defense could use some shoring up as well (though their defense is not as horrible as it could be, especially in those last games). I thought about it a bit though, and I remember the last time the Browns were good enough to run in the playoffs. They had a great secondary then. Perhaps Holmgren remembers this as well and hence the pick. All in all not a terrible choice.

T.J. Ward, SS, Oregon- Another pick designed to shore up the secondary verifies Holmgren is thinking about the secondary. A good defense can win games and a good secondary can get interceptions. Again, a decent choice.

Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee- I question this pick. The Browns current RB with a bit of coaching could be consistently good. I hope I am wrong but I think this one is a bad choice.

Colt McCoy, QB, Texas- The stinger he took in the BCS game must have taken huge value off a proven leader. He is likely far more accurate than Quinn and Anderson were (though I think a lack of offensive line contributes to this) and best of all, they get him for a song. Pick of the night last night in my opinion.

Shawn Lauvao, G, Arizona St.- Some fans did not like this pick. I am not one of them. If he can make it big on the pro level, this will be a masterstroke on Holmgren's part. Games are won and lost on the line. Elway finally won it all after losing so many Super Bowls before because he had the best O-line that year. Holmgren is smart enough to realize this. Brilliant pick I say.