View Single Post
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 02:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Speaking of weak though, how bout them Trojans WhiteRat?

What does it mean though, does it mean that Minnesota has improved, or does it mean that Lane Kiffin successfully ruined USC? Time will tell I suppose. In either case that was a bit of a heartbreaker, even if you were just a USC hater like me and not a Gophers fan
I think it's a combination of USC being a bit down and the Gophers being a bit better than what people were expecting. Before the game I thought Minnesota was a 5 win team and now i'm even more confident that that's the case this year. I've never been happier though after a close lose. The Gophs were 24 point underdogs so i'll take a 19-17 loss to a ranked team on the road with a new coach, qb, and schemes any day.

Quote:
LOL @ Georgia. This does prove that the SEC was right to be scared to schedule Boise State (I recall someone, maybe it was WhiteRat, saying that the SEC would consider the risk vs. reward factor of playing Boise State would make it not worth scheduling, turns out they were right )
This wasn't a strong Georgia team (6-7 last year) but Boise did handle them throughout so kudos to them. Unfortunately for them, they will beat up on the sinking ship that is the WAC which will hamper their chances of getting to the BCS championship game. If they run the table I won't have a problem with them going but it's still hard for me to get behind them when they play some really horrid teams.

Also Mark Richt is gone after this season.

I thouroughly enjoyed Brian Kelly going ape shit on his players during the Notre Dame game. Losing to USF helped make my weekend a good one.

All in all it was a great opening weekend. Between tv, ESPN3 and BTN2Go, I probably watched about 20 games and I even had a wedding to go on saturday afternoon.

Poor UCLA