View Single Post
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2004, 04:11 PM       
Sure, setting up a democratic government in a year is a pretty big order. I didn't reallistically buy it then and I wish we had never gotten involved. We did; however, and I guess there's no use crying over spilled milk. I still don't like the way the administration went about it. To recap:

a) Bush has had a hate-on for the Iraq since he got into office, which is evident in his meetings with Tony Blair and various other U.S. intelligence and defense administrators way before the 9/11 trajedy.

b) The towers are collapsed and he takes advantage of the anti-muslim sentiment in the air to suddenly warn americans of the terrorist threat and scare us with the possible use of WMD which have yet to be found. Half the people I talk to STILL believe that Iraq is responsible for the 9/11 trajedy when, in truth, over half the terrorists involved were Saudi Arabian nationals.

c) Not only are no connections found from the Iraqis found as the war progresses, but neither are no WMD. He SOLD the whole war on the threat.

d) They finally admit to the fact that the intelligence on the threat of WMD was, at best, weak. That's a fact that the U.N. officials knew all along. That's why they didn't endorse the war ... well, that and the various economic interest of major U.N. players.

e) Suddenly, it's a war for the democracy of an oppressed and terrorized people which is to be organized and handed back to these same people within the yearm or so. Now, I knew that the handing over of the reign was going to be, more or less, a ceremonial thing under our continued occupation. That just the way that these things go. That is NOT; however, how the current administration sold. More slight of hand.

f) So here we are with an american people who have been lied to and disallusioned. Can you understand why they might be angry over lack of results while waiting for more lies and/or manipulation?

Wherever you go, there you are.