View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:35 AM       
The only things I would invest in should I have knowledge of an impending depression are as follows:

1) Land, the only thing that'll be around no matter what
and
2) Guns, to defend the land when there's all sorts of civil unrest and redistribution of wealth happens.

Other than that, I live alone. I can backpack it. I don't need all of my things. Yeah, they're nice and I do need a couple of them, but if I lost about everything, I wouldn't be significantly disadvantaged, aside from the obvious homelessness and the troubles that brings anyway. But people get by. Now, if I had children or a wife or husband or whatever and responsible for someone else, I'd probably have a different opinion.

But I'll just say I'm prepared for whatever and whatever happens to stave off a depression will be thought of by somebody else because I can't attach myself to it.

Also, I should've rephrased my question better. That wasn't really the answer I was looking for.