View Single Post
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2006, 02:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
unless you believe Ziggy, who thinks all of the recent charges are to appease the media and cover up the military's bloodlust for children and cripples
I said that? Really? I mean, I AM curious if a response to public comparisons of the latest so-called "American atrocity" to the My Lai massacre isn't at least some part of the motivation for the investigations, but I hardly think ANY event in the realm of human politics has such a clean, identifiable causality. That's the problem with conspiracy theorists. They think you can find one person who is in control, and directing everything, but that's not how it works. In truth, even a simple seeming situation is much more complicated than is pragmatic to believe.

Quote:
Well hey, we should cry on and on about catching Bin Laden, but when we actually get Zarqawi (arguably a far more dangerous terrorist than Osama), let's downplay its significance.
I assume this is sarcasm, but it's become very hard to tell with you lately. Wasn't this your response to my saying it was a good day for Iraq when Zarqaqi died?

Quote:
I dunno, is there an overwhelming amount of evidence that Zarqawi really had much control over things, or was it more like he saw a riot, stepped in front, and called it a parade....?
So, yeah. Maybe it was great we got him, maybe it was no big deal? I'm not sure what your take is on it. I'm still undecided about it, myself. But I thought it was really interesting that he was allegedly ratted out by Sunnis who were sick of him telling them they needed to kill Shiites.

Quote:
I think it once again comes down to a fundamental problem, Max. You and Ziggy would rather see a Bush and co. loss than an American victory.
I'm glad you know me so well. You should register a character called "The REAL Ziggy" and you can take over posting for me in this forum. I hope you will do this, cuz I'd love to be able to spend more time in the Gaming forum.

But you are a bit off there. My distaste for arrogant "my side is ALWAYS right" lines of thought does not actually equate to wishing ill upon our country, and I think it's jsut the smallest bit absurd that you believe that. But seriously, if you wanna take over posting for me in this forum, I can overlook a few minor inconsistencies. Let's do this thing!

Quote:
But I forgot, the reason you and Ziggy rush to post about our blood thirsty troops is b/c we need transparency, and we need to hold our OWN tax supported soldiers to a higher standard. i mean, what our enemies do is irrelevant, because well, uh, we can kill better than they can.
The reason I rushed to post about this is because I heard it on the radio, and I thought that perhaps these charges would have a some sort of significant impact on the war effort. What impact that will be remains to be seen, but in the meantime I thought we might have some interesting discussion about it here. I guess that was a dumb thing to think!

In my opinion (to which I believe I'm still entitled) what our enemies do is exactly as relevant as what we do. Deliberately targetting and killing innocents for whatever reason is terrible. Our enemies doing it certainly does not justify our doing of it, IF that's even happening (which I hope it isn't, but hope in one hand, right?) If you cannot understand this, then let's talk about relativism some more...

I don't claim to have the solutions or to know of anyone able to do a better job of this than our President, but even if there's absolutely nothing I can do about it, I'd prefer to at least think about it, rather than just bury my head in the sand and say "well these things just happen in war".

I guess what the real problem with trying to talk to you is that I don't "have the balls to say what I really believe". So, knowing you think that, I guess I just wasted my time typing all of that, and I could have just typed "LOLWTFBBQ" 50 times for all you cared.

But maybe, just MAYBE, my beliefs are not etched in stone, unchangeable by any force, and since I cannot clearly state in black and white what I believe, I must be playing "relativist games". Is that it? Am I getting warmer?

Throw me a bone, cuz every time I start to think I have you figured out, I realize I'm WAY off.