View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2006, 11:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy
I don't understand how anyone could have read the link I gave you and still think the intelligence agencies and defense system were operated by bunch of monkeys. They did such a poor and horrendeous job that I have to wonder if it was meant to fail and it was actually allowed to happen.
This is why I think you are a kid, Geggy. Maybe you have never been out of the house much, I dunno. I'd be willing to bet you've not worked in a corporate environment. The government really does have some competent people working for it, just like any large corporation, just in a smaller proportion to the non-productive profit corks that are installed on 80% of the desks in America.

Here's how it works, Geggy: In such an environment, where the vast majority of workers are essentially either non-productive clock-watchers or at most just getting enough done to get by each day, the main source of profit is the sheer size of the organization. The adequate efforts of the small minority of actual producers employed by the organization are largely negated by the back-stabbing and sniping making up the large part of most of their less productive peers' days.

An analogy, if you will: Compare this environment to your own house. Let's say you have a job, Ok? You work your butt off in order to support yourself, and you pour any excess funds you attain into your single greatest passion... your best friend in the whole world... your PC. Your internet connected computer is your raison d'ĂȘtre, and your job is the means to keep it up and running. Meanwhile, next door, there lives a criminal. The criminal has no job, so all he has to do all day is sit and watch you leave the house to go to work and think about how he can break in there and get your stuff. Y'know what? Not only will he soon have it, but soon thereafter your labor of love will be completely destroyed because the criminal doesn't love it and hasn't the money to maintain it as you always did.

That's your large corporate environment in a nutshell. Quality workers make the non-producers look bad, so they and their projects are targeted for destruction. As I said before, a government environment is even worse. Even IF all the people capable of getting things done were to band together in secret to pull off something akin to your great government conspiracy, somewhere, somehow, some dickheaded pencil sharpener would catch wind of it and it would be exposed, the form of destruction applied to negative projects such as conspiracies to take over the world.

As I said before, you should really apply some of your time to what ELSE might really be going on here. You have an uncommon ability to focus, just bad aim.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!