Thread: WORST BAND EVER
View Single Post
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 07:24 PM       
THe reasons the dead really didn't interact with audience later in their career is because they thought the audience went bad. Jerry complained that ever since they put out that horrible song "touch of grey" People started coming to shows not knowing what the Dead were all about, and only went because they thought it was the "cool" thing to do. He saw a lot of people get in fights and sell a lot of bunk drugs.

Phish never really tryed to do anything like the Band. Phish got most of there inspiration from Frank Zappa. DOn;t get me wrong im not to big of phish fan, but Iv'e been forced to listen to a lot of thier stuff at work and it reall doesn't remind much of the band. IN fact no Jamband really reminds of them, Jamsband get there influences from anything from the dead, zappa, Bill Monroe, Miles davis, and I could probably go on for years.

I think most of you people have to stop bitching about a bands politics and image and realize that there are still some bands that give a shit about the music.