View Single Post
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 02:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I've tried that technique of putting in a request for dream topics, thinking about stuff I'd like to dream about before bed, and so on. Never worked for me.

Last year I had a weird set of dreams in which Joey Ramone was telling me I had to wear a certain necklace. I'm not big on jewelry and especially not necklaces, and from what I remember I told him it wouldn't be happening. But he kept showing up, and I finally said I didn't even know where the damn necklace was, I lost it several moves ago.

In response, he walked over to a storage bin, rummaged around in it, came up with a bag, came up with a box inside it, and there was the necklace. I remembered it when I woke up, and just out of curiosity I went to the same storage bin...there was the bag, there was the box, there was the necklace.

It was all too weird and I did wear the necklace for a while. You win, Joey Ramone.
It isn't all that weird. Joey is just the form your unconscious mind took to try to tell you what you already knew. If you lived in a different culture he might take the form of your totem animal or of a spirit being.

It isn't the necklace itself that is important. Its the symbolic significance it has to you that Joey was trying to convey. It means something to you that you may not be consciously aware of.

Why yes, I have been reading C.G. Jung recently, why do you ask?