View Single Post
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2006, 03:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Reverend Roger
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussoNWM
The United States does what it has to in order to prevent extremists from training fighters against us. If a country can not control the mercenaries in their region, then they certainly aren't going to stop the US from coming in and destroying those mercenaries.
Which country are you talking about?

We were attacked by AQ operating out of Afghanistan. We sent a token force after them, and moved on to flatten Iraq, for no appparent reason. Now Iraq is a festering pile of anarchy into which AQ HAS moved.

End result: AQ is now far more dangerous than they were in October of 2001.

Like I said, I like the original post, but that ain't gonna be what happens.
I think they are just dangerous if not less with a lot more operatives captured. Befor 2001 we had the same amount just they were in hiding now they have to come out and fight and be counted.

Invading Iraq didn't cause more people to join Al Qeada it caused more of them to come out of the closet and fight. Invading it gave us a front to fight them on. Now we have very few insurgents and most of the fighting is over sectarian violence.

Just because we didn't SEE to many terrorists befor 2001 doesn't mean they weren't always there. It is just that only now do we go to fight them.