Thread: Kevin Tillman
View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 09:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
I think more than te friendly fire incident, he might be a little angry about the way he and his family wee lied to about the cause of death, how initially his death was used as a propoganda tool, and how even now, as far as I know, no one has been held responsible for the slowly unravelling series of lies they've been told.
Is that what he's addressing in this piece? i think you're right about all of the above, but wa that his gripe here?

My theory is, honestly, a cynical one. My guess is that he didn't write this, although I'm sure you can attribute every word to him in meaning. My guess is it was crafted and sassed up by someone else, and maybe this copy has or will see its way into some kind of mail piece or e-mail blast. Not certain, but a guess.

That doesn't necessarily make him wrong, but the whole thing has an agenda sent to it.

Quote:
In addition, Kevin Tillman served in Iraq after Afghanistan along with lots of other soldiers who got dragged out of Afghanistan to fight in an unrelated war, and that may have a great deal to do with why Afghanistan is still an ongoing war and Osama is still at large That might make you angry if your brother died fighting a war that had a point.
Maybe. I dunno, personally I get a little weirded out when people start speaking with such absolutes fo the dead.

Kevin Tillman's service, as you've pointed out, has every damn right to say precisely what he wants. He maybe should've focused a piece on that, but this reminds me a little bit too much of Cindy Sheehan.

Quote:
either way a lot of people are dying. I'm not sure 'pouty' is a very good word to use in ths situation. It's like calling the Geneva conventions 'quaint'.
I love you, Max. You always want to have it both ways. FIrst this is a joke site, and to take things too seriously is criminal. BUT, if you don't take seriously the very serious seriousness of war, well you are crass and vulgar.

I was calling YOU pouty, but maybe cranky would be better. I'm vapid and you're cranky. Neat.

I take war pretty seriously, I also take our enemies pretty seriously. I think they're more serious than merely a criminal matter, and I think Pat Tillman knew that as well. He walked awat from a very comfortable life to surrender his own life. The circumstances of his death are tragic, but it doesn't dismiss the value of his service. It would be great to know what he really thinks about the war to date, but unfortunately we can't.