View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2008, 01:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
SUICIDE RUSH

Also, I downloaded a japanese Fire Emblem rom and had a fucking great time only understanding about half of it so I'll probably be picking this up too :o

Seriously, they give you so many fucking units. One map started and I saw one recruitable unit and said "whew, I'll just kill him an-" when I was suddenly ambushed by FIVE (FIVE!!!) new units, all of them the same (Usually cavaliers. I hope you fucking love horses!)

Aside from the absurd sidequest requirements and having too many people, it's basically a streamlined experience like how Days of Ruin streamlined AW. It's missing some things (rescuing, a few promotional classes) but strategy is even more important. I actually used a knight to block up a passage and prevented 15 enemies from attacking or moving. It was like the three stooges fitting into a door, but times 5. I took a cellphone picture because they just kept piling up into the doorway and grimacing at my one guy.

Oh! And multiplayer takes place on actual maps now, which is sick. My friend and I had some really interesting matches. Nintendo's online shop is also really handy, and lending units to friends is a neat idea (less neat when your friend wants to test it out and gives you the shitty starter paladin in exchange for someone good ).

If you don't mind the graphics and lack of a new system like relationships or transforming, you'll really like it.

Also, Fathom, I love the crap out of Echochrome. It's not like there are other good PSP games to play Definately not for everyone, but when I booted that game up at 1AM and the music kicked in through my headphones and all I saw was that tiny white screen, I got pretty into it. Plus the different illusion tools are fun :D