View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 01:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Preechr, were the e-mails that were handed over to the FBI also a prank?
I'm not saying anything is or was a prank. Drudge is saying part of the IMs were a prank, and the fact is that there's no way to contest that. Foley's not around for another 2 weeks, and I can read through the IMs and believe he was getting rooked. No 16 year old straight kid is going to have those kinds of chats with an old sissy like Foley and not laugh about it with his friends. Even if it wasn't a prank, the possiblity that it was is too believeable to eliminate the rumor.

Long story short: The only damage done by this to the Republicans can be counteracted by Denny Hastert spending the next few weeks shoring up procedures to protect children from politicians in Congress. Who are the only potential people to not get behind that? Congressional pedophiles? Hastert's going to look like a champion of child victims, which will help the party, while the Dems will have to fight to squeeze around him in the headlines if they want to talk about anything else.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!