View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2005, 05:55 PM       
"Prior to the Iraq war you didn't see Iraqis involved in global terror"

Really?

"Taking those tactics elsewhere indicates that we're not just dealing with people who are pissed that the U.S. is "occupying" their country. You don't send suicide bombers to Jordan to get the U.S. out of Iraq. "

Terrorists have more than one target, has this ever not been the case?
Like I said, the result of low morale and "Injustice" drives people to do all sorts of things; some may rebel, some may join crazy terrorist groups, some may take up a drinking habit, others may start to hate their mommy's. They are all essentially the same emotion, and rebellion exists in more ways than "Defending your country from invaders." That may be the pure form of it, but some people goto other lengths.
Considering the objective of our invasion was to target terrorists, and because even america show themselves to be weak to terrorists and because they are our "True enemy" as a "Democratic free-world", somebody who really wanted to "Rebel" would probably find it wise to do so in that fashion(how many people would fight america head on, with our "Huge army" and such); also, because people from that general area are more than likely to find the moods and qualities represented by the terrorists to be just and righteous. That is why I find it unsuprising and entirely expected, within their scope of life this outcome wasn't exactly a streak of bad luck but an inevitable outcome.

Anyway, if I had to make a summation here I'd say that acting outraged by everything that happens is stupid, and makes you look stupid. I think that's what's wrong with 90% of the people who make(political) posts on this board. "I'm outraged", frothing at mouth, "Something must be done to fix this". "Everything before this was Okay, but now that I'm learning some more of the consequences...".... "...rrrr". If you're going to be political at least keep a cool head about it.