View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 12:00 PM       
Quote:
By the way, the 3DS looks like garbage, design-wise. The thing's gonna be a chintzy piece of plastic like the smaller DS and I saw the case flex a lot while people were handling it. Ugh.
You already said that in the other thread. Besides, I have three reasons to believe the quality of the casing won't be a concern:

1) It'll be made out of fucking Nintendium. The Game Boy could survive a Gulf War bombing, and I've owned every iteration of the DS, and that thing is durable as shit, unlike the PSP, which I have to coddle like an infant. Nintendo makes durable stuff. Also with noting is that the system is still a year away, and this might not be final. The DS had a pretty derpy design before it's original launch.

2) I haven't heard any complaints about the case's durability on news sites.

3) I haven't seen any evidence of said flexing. Link plz.

Plus, the casing isn't my biggest concern. Price is. They threw in everything but the kitchen sink; accelerometer, gyrosensor, pretty graphics, 3D display, touch screen, improved WiFi, apparently some internal storage, and technically three cameras (two in the front for 3d photos, one inside for your face). I can't see myself paying more than $200 for this, but it seems like a pricey piece of hardware, as opposed to Nintendo's usual attempts to make things affordable for your mom.