View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 12:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
You already said that in the other thread.
I thought it would be better here because I knew I'd take a lot of shit for it.

Quote:
Besides, I have three reasons to believe the quality of the casing won't be a concern:

1) It'll be made out of fucking Nintendium. The Game Boy could survive a Gulf War bombing, and I've owned every iteration of the DS, and that thing is durable as shit, unlike the PSP, which I have to coddle like an infant. Nintendo makes durable stuff. Also with noting is that the system is still a year away, and this might not be final. The DS had a pretty derpy design before it's original launch.
Whatever. Sure, it'll last probably. But if it's the same shitty polymer and finish they used to make the 2nd generation of DS, it'll be a fingerprint and scratch magnet. Which is not cool for a handheld.

Quote:
2) I haven't heard any complaints about the case's durability on news sites.
Like I give a fuck what the news sites say. I won't use a "Nintendo bias OMG" defense here, either. I'll wait until review units go out before I really make a decision.

As an aside though, they said it was almost too easy to slide the 3D switch, which reminds me a lot of the Gameboy contrast switch where it could slide around in your pocket when you weren't playing it and make you think you've gone blind when you turn the thing back on.

Quote:
3) I haven't seen any evidence of said flexing. Link plz.
I don't really care enough about the thing to make an argument against it. So I don't feel like giving evidence to support. What I see in photos and videos is flexing and imminent flexing, in my hands at least.