Thread: 2008 NFL Season
View Single Post
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 10:41 PM       
Kurt Warner is a beast. I think he punched his ticket to the hall of fame this season. Not necessarily 1st ballot, but certainly a HOFer. The Cards weren't the worst playoff team ever; they just sat on their hands once they clinched the NFC West. They were a great postseason team, and hopefully they'll give us a show on Feb. 1.

Never expected the Ravens to get this far, but kudos to them for doing so. As I sit here in my Flacco jersey and Ravens cap, I know that the future is bright in B-more (thankfully so, as we'll have to sit through another Orioles season before we see Joe Cool again). The Steelers were just the better team today. Better coaching, better play, everything. Hat's off to them, and here's to some awesome Super Bowl commercials!

Officiating. It's been my running theme, and again today, shitty, shitty, shitty officiating. Roughing the kicker? Pardon me sir, but they didn't even touch one another. Kickoff in bounds/out of bounds not a reviewable play? News to me. Helmet-to-helmet hits, holds, and just some all around bad calls by refs in both games. I can't say today that the refs cost or won anybody the game, but that doesn't excuse their sub-par performance, especially when the best officials are supposed to be working this round. Before any discussion occurs on rule changes, overtime, or anything else, the NFL needs to address the fact that the officiating sucks. You don't see it (at least not as blatantly) at the collegiate level, so why is it so prevalent in the NFL? Full-time officials.

I like the Steelers over the Cards. The Steel Curtain feel over the NFL this season. Kurt Warner can't pass off of his back, though he looked great against Dawkins and Samuels today. Boldin and Fitzgerald will have to be huge, because James, Hightower, and company aren't likely to give them much help against the Pittsburgh front four. Big Ben vs. Old Kurt should be a helluva match though, as both are looking down the barrel at tough corners, safeties, and rushers-- again! I'm rooting for the commercials, but this game does have potential to entertain.

How does Eagles vs. Ravens sound for Super Bowl XLIV, Colonel Flagg?