Thread: STOCK TALK
View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 04:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgp4death View Post
I think a lot of people are going to jump on [solar-panel manufacturing companies] soon because the cost to benefit ratio is getting quite ridiculous. Soon some of these companies will have panels you can put up for a grand that basically gets rid of your electric bill.
Methinks this is overstating things a bit. Current technology in development is not there yet - by a long way. Long-term, this may be the way to go, but companies will crash and burn and upstarts will appear probably at least 3-4 times over before the technical potential is fully realized. And that could mean many dollars lost.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a good long-term investment, but not in a "let's buy everything we can and just wait for the megabucks to roll in." kind of way. There is still a significant amount of risk associated with this strategy.

My advice to those who want to buy stocks but don't know how yet would be to call an investment counselor (go with a major investment firm, or check the local directory for a mom-and-pop operation) and get some information. Knowledge is power.
You may already be there.