View Single Post
Official Punching Bag
JakeOfAllTrades is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 03:53 AM       
I was way too young (not even born yet) to experience He-Man and the Masters of the Universe when it was popular, but ever since I got cable I wondered whether He-Man might be worth a gander (no, not like that! A gander at the SHOW!). So I watched one episode, and I couldn't stop laughing. There's no way that sort of unintentional humor would go on in today's cartoons. But then again, I remember Dragonball Z having certain connotations that could not be overlooked unless you were blind.

When I was a kid we had Transformers: Beast Wars and Pokemon to be raised on. I was too poor to have cable (but not too poor to be eating koalas in desperation), and my parents decided that it was too expensive. But really, by the time I was older and wealthy enough to get cable I knew I would appreciate these cartoons more, because I was wised up enough to join the dots. Seriously, watching Spongebob Squarepants as a young adult makes a whole lot more sense to me than it did as a kid.

Still, as a He-Man n00b, all I remember of it when I saw it were the outrageously camp voices. I agree, Skeletor is such a sugar daddy!