View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 1st, 2005, 10:26 AM        *** Review Sites Overhaul (please read!) ***
So here's the deal; one of my programming buddies is gonna be helping me completely overhaul all three of I-Mockery's user-submitted review sites (classic games, movies, and music). It's simply gotten to the point where I don't have the time to approve all the reviews each week, and every time I bring somebody new on to help out with approvals, they get lazy or burnt out or what have you. The review sites are extremely popular though and I hate to think about people taking the time to submit reviews, only to wait 6 months or more before they're even approved!

With that in mind, the main goal of these review site overhauls is to make them more self-reliant. When people submit reviews, they'll go up online instantly. Admins will still be able to login and update the reviews (or delete 'em if needs be) but at least this way the sites will be constantly updated rather than waiting months for one of us to find a few minutes to approve a review.

Sounds great right? You're damned right it does.

Now, what I need from you guys is suggestions for all 3 of the review sites. Is there a feature you've always thought the review sites should have? Something missing? Something buggy? I'm not guaranteeing we'll be able to implement all of your ideas, but we'll definitely try to add in some of them. So if you have ideas for any (or all) of our 3 review sites, PLEASE post them here in this thread as soon as ya can!

Thanks!