View Single Post
Tropical Viking
Hugo is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 02:39 PM       
I actually enjoyed the movie, but a couple of things did bother me. It looks great and does a good job at creating a haunting atmosphere, and the pyramid head guy ripping the clothes and flesh of that insane woman was quite a surprise ( I don't know if that happened in the game, I've only played the first in the series).

Now, as McFly just said, that husband character was useless. Whenever he shows up the movie misses the pace and the eerieness is all gone. Cut his 20 minutes or so of screentime and you got a shorter, more focused movie.

Radha Mitchell is ok when she's taking it easy, but for several times her acting is quite embarassing. Her misguided half-assed raging performance at the church showdown made me cringe.

As for the ending, it's just another bad case of Shyamalanism. It's like when matrix came out: every action movie in the subsequent years had to have it's own lame attempt at recreating the bullet-time effect.

Overall, I enjoyed the feel and the look so much I can look away when the bad parts pop up on the scren. I feel it's somewhat misguided, A little more effort and balls and this movie would've been great, but I believe this is the best game movie so far.