View Single Post
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 02:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Your description of Macc users as "a handful of art fags" shows that you have no real world Mac knowledge. Advertizing and publishing firms are gonna have mostly Macs.
I did several years in graphics arts and have done quite a bit of design work. I did it all on a Mac. It sucked, because everytime you wanted to do something in Photoshop... oh no! Out of memory! Well, let's free up some memory then... oh no! The whole computer froze! Reboot it with that CTRL-Apple-whatever combination... nothing... hit the reset switch! There is no reset switch... hit the power button! It does nothing! The fucking power button does nothing! ARG!!!

Advertising and publishing firms are all full of art fags, too. I've been to a few and worked with them.

Quote:
It's not a weak argument when the buyer said he wants to play that 4 year old game. It just shows that you fail to grasp that a computer is only as good as how well it does what you want it to do.
Yes, it is weak when you say that "it looks better on the Mac" after it's had 4+ EXTRA YEARS OF WORK DONE ON IT. Since you have so much experience in IT, you should know about the improvements that can be made in an amount of time like that.

Quote:
You are extremely tedious. Say something or please shut up. You still have not given me one example of anything an average user would want to do on a Mac, but couldn't. Instead you cry about Safari again. I've used Safari and think it's great, but if I didn't, I'd INSTALL FIREFOX.
AHAHAHA! I choose games! You lose, unless all the user wants to play is that puzzle thing. Oh, what's that? You want to exclude games from the argument? Too bad. Excluding games to try to prove your side of the argument is like having someone explain creationism but forbidding them to mention God.

Sure, everything you could "want to do" can be done on a Mac with the default programs, but it's extremely limiting. All you get is either A) something made by Apple, or B) something made by another company that originally was originally designed for the PC and has been watered-down to uselessness and the ever popular C) shareware RSS feed displayers.

If I suddenly started hating Office, I could switch to any number of products that are available. What are you left with on a Mac? AppleWorks or the default text editor.

You can tell a lot about what Mac users do with their computers by the software that is available, though.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/

The third most popular download at the time of this post is a program that turns your computer into a $1500 aquarium. It moves like the real thing!! Except that the real thing will only set you back about $100 and the remaining $1400 will buy you a lifetime supply of goldfish.

Quote:
Well, either way, I won't get a virus, and that is what is important to me. My computer crashed twice in one year, and the second time, I lost everything I had done in Flash, which was a lot, and it pissed me off. If I don't get viruses, I don't get viruses, whether it is because of the lack of viruses themselves or the lack of mac users.
Retarded. Macs are still as susceptible to spyware, malware, XSS and macro viruses as every other computer. Do some research before listening to the salesguy who just wants some commission. They'll say anything to make a sale; I overheard one telling a customer that you don't want virtual memory because it's "pretend RAM anyways."

If Macs weren't vulnerable, why are you recommended to get anti-virus software? You don't get viruses if you're not stupid about your computer.