Thread: London asplode
View Single Post

swimini is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 10:29 AM        been watching the news all day
Hi guys, dont worry Mock I am safe and sound (in case anyone hadn't realise this is Cherry by the way). Now despite what CNN might be claiming there is no official 'body count', and so far it seems that considering there were at least 7 seperate explosions the death toll is it a minimum. Rather the effect of the attack has been to bring central London to a standstill. The areas that the attacks took place are largley offices, although there are a lot of hotels there- so anyone who has anyone on holiday in London should try and check in with them. But as isaid earlier I have been watching the news solidly since 10am and there does not seems to be a high death toll, although a lot of people have sustained seriuos injuries. The BBC have just confirmed 2 deaths and 100 injured. One Arab website has a statment supposedly from 'al- quiada' claiming they made the attack in repsonse to British masacres of Muslims in Iraq.
The emergency services are doing a great job here and lets not forget London has dealt with this sort thing before and on a much more serous scale, my only hope now is that the attacks are over.

and without making light of this awful act, I also thought of disgruntled Parisians!