View Single Post
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 03:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
No, I mean people or groups who are somehow involved. If it's a state using terror, attacking noncombattants and all of that good stuff, then it would be state terror. The reason state terror and terrorism are distinguished from one another is that both diverge from what is accepted as conventional war, and state actors have to be dealt with differently than non state actors, not only because of resources and law but because the motivations, as you point out, are different.
In my research 9 out of 10 times it's government funded, provoked, or allowed to take place. Most of these "terrorist" boogeymen are known about or hired. The examples that the media use to label terrorist or terrorist states are mass propoganda to create a feeling of fear, anger, xenophobia, and paranoia.

Look up Webster Tarpley on google video. He has a few great lectures on false falg terror you should watch.

Quote:
Ok, yeah, it's not as simple as that
Is that all you got? You said the term terrorism isn't used as a judgmental label yet you don't acknowledge the everyday use of the word to villify normal citizens?

YouTube the phrase home grown terrorists.

Quote:
Yes, if you consider someone who takes up arms completely "innocent", though I think that's the wrong word to describe it.
You need to watch Iraq for Sale and No end in sight. Terrorstorm is a good one as well. It's all free on google video. Also Occupation 101 is another good one you should watch. All free.

Quote:
Yes, there is such a thing as terrorists. Just because you sympathize with someone doesn't mean that they are not a terrorist. As I have written before, terrorists are not automatically bad guys. Also many terrorists are not poor, you're overgeneralizing things. In fact you seem to be only talking about terrorists in the global south. The Red Army Faction were West German marxists attempting to end their countries support of the United States and its military excursions in Vietnam. The Weather Underground were college kids. And terrorists groups don't just target imperialism. There are terrorists groups which are pro government and many groups are state supported, though those groups have largely gone by the wayside.
1. The Red army faction was funded by the state.

2. The Weather Underground was funded by the Ford Foundation.

Private / Governmental agencies fund synthetic "terror" attacks on the population. It's a very old story.

and I don't sympathize with anyone. Look at the war objectively.

Illegal occupation, bombing of innocents, looting of the natural resources.

^ Imperialistic tendencies.

Are people who fight imperialistic powers "Terrorists"? I highly doubt that anyone would admit it and as I stated above the groups you named were well off because they were getting private / state funding. It's right out there in the open.

There is no such thing as modern terrorism.