Thread: Need bad advice
View Single Post
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 02:36 PM       
As requested, you have delivered bad (and surprisingly good) advice. According to tradition, I will repay you with an obssessively analytical update with no significant progress. I'm really not stressed about the situation so I can't give you nerdly unrequited-love agony, but maybe someone will find the ongoing story amusing.

Tight jeans are go. I'm 25 pounds lighter than I was in college. Just 7-10 more pounds to go before my six-pack shows so I can feel great about going shirtless on stage next month.

We met up at 1:00 this morning with three other people and drove an hour and a half out of town to lie in a football field and drink wine and watch the meteor shower. She made a bunch of oblique references to our history of making out until dawn, which makes me think she's interested but doesn't want to be too forward. I mentioned to her the other day that I remembered we used to say awful things like dead baby jokes while we were making out, and last night out of the blue she says to everyone, "hey, I remembered a couple of dead baby jokes." How could you not love this woman?

I didn't want to do anything overt while surrounded by people I barely knew, but we spent most of the evening lying close together, comfortably with no awkwardness. Plenty of casual contact but no really unambiguous communication.

We realized late that we'd picked the wrong night for the peak of the meteor shower, so we're doing the same thing tonight but not driving quite so far. Then probably going out tomorrow afternoon too.