View Single Post
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 11:50 AM       
yeah right you just want the edit button so you can take out metalmilitia's picture that he INTERNET-owned you with

If Metal Militia knew his shit, he could have a better arguement. But it's not as simple as "SAM RAIMI HAS REMADE THIS MOVIE 3 TIMES."

Metla Militia could say he was talking about Within the Woods, but that was a 30 minute short that was made for the express purpose of raising money for the remake. In essence, it was made to be remade. That wouldn't be Raimi capitalizing off of a hit movie of his. Relatively very few people have even seen Within the Woods. If this were the case, this would be the second remake of Within the Woods, but only the FIRST remake of Evil Dead.

He could also make the argument that the opening of Evil Dead 2 was a remake, and he means to include that in his list. But that remake, as daphne said, was more of a "recap," and the only reason it was made was because he couldn't get the rights to use clips from Evil Dead 1 to use as a recap. So he recreated it, boiling it down to the most essential elements (losing every other friend except linda), so that the sequel could make sense. But to call this a full-fledged remake would be like calling that short little shot of Ash cutting his hand off in Army of Darkness an "Evil Dead 2" remake.

Evil Dead 2 is a sequal though. You can cut all three movies together and make one movie. I've done it. You discard that first 10 or so minutes of Evil Dead 2. You can either use the very last shot of Evil Dead 1 where the evil or whatever smacks into Ash, then cut right to Ash being picked up by it in Evil Dead 2, or you can use the redone version in evil dead 2. I forget which is best exactly, one works better than the other for sound matching. For Army of Darkness it's pretty simple, you replace the shot of the Car falling in Evil Dead 2 with the car falling in Army of Darkness, which would cut out all the prologue stuff.

This is basically what I was going to post that first time.