View Single Post
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 02:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
I hope by actors you mean synthetic agents and or Provocateurs
No, I mean people or groups who are somehow involved. If it's a state using terror, attacking noncombattants and all of that good stuff, then it would be state terror. The reason state terror and terrorism are distinguished from one another is that both diverge from what is accepted as conventional war, and state actors have to be dealt with differently than non state actors, not only because of resources and law but because the motivations, as you point out, are different.

Quote:
Most army veterans who are against the war are now consider a "terror" threat similar to pro-liberty groups in America. In police handbooks they tell them that property rights activists and constitutionalists may be home grown "terrorists"

Youtube it. They have recordings of news broadcasts that cover the key talking points of mass paranoia.
Ok, yeah, it's not as simple as that

Quote:
By terrorists do you mean innocent civilians? Because that's what the American public is told who the "terrorists" are. Most individuals fightings the coalition are people who've had family killed in bombing raids or who've lost everything because of the illegal war / occupation.
Yes, if you consider someone who takes up arms completely "innocent", though I think that's the wrong word to describe it.

Quote:
There are no such thing as terrorists. There are poor people standing up to an imperialistic army run by private for-profit corporations.
Yes, there is such a thing as terrorists. Just because you sympathize with someone doesn't mean that they are not a terrorist. As I have written before, terrorists are not automatically bad guys. Also many terrorists are not poor, you're overgeneralizing things. In fact you seem to be only talking about terrorists in the global south. The Red Army Faction were West German marxists attempting to end their countries support of the United States and its military excursions in Vietnam. The Weather Underground were college kids. And terrorists groups don't just target imperialism. There are terrorists groups which are pro government and many groups are state supported, though those groups have largely gone by the wayside.

Quote:
Ok.
You didn't do it.