View Single Post
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Do you need to be on stage? I just want to make music and never be on stage.
i'll admit that making high energy music, playing it in front of an audience, and having not only the band get into it but also the audience is an awesome experience (if i didn't believe in this, i wouldn't go to shows). but do i need to be on stage? no. fuck no actually. especially not if it constitutes bullshit like i described above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
I just want to make people move. Success is a by-product. If I get a wider audience through such a thing, so be it. All the better. Though, opinions change.
members in my bands say that this is how they feel, but i truly think that they want to make a living out of it. i really really don't. i care about other things to devote my life to other than music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos
Start your own bar and only let bands play that do free shows.
dude you have no idea

the thing that i guess annoys me even more , is that there is this kid pogo who started working for that booking company i was talking about like 5 months ago. ever since he started working for them he's gotten a (what he claims to be) "good knowledge on how to promote your band and get shows". he was lecturing one of my bandmates chris about how we need to add like 123981923 myspace friends, make banners all around the web, make bulletins every 5 seconds, blah blah blah. like fucking seriously? do i need to do this to have fun?

I'M SO FUCKING MAD AGAIN THANKS GUYS