View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 04:55 PM        Recruiting Upright Citizens
THIS IS NOT A CALL TO RECRUIT MODERATORS. READ THIS POST. THANKS. OKAY.

Okay, I've just set up an infrastructure of infractions. Here's how it works.

Administrators, Super Moderators, Moderators, and Upright Citizens can issue infractions. The first three groups can issue infractions of any level, and Upright Citizens can only issue pre-defined infractions.

Pre-defined infractions:
  • Notification infractions (0 points each, lasts 1 day on member's record):
    Notification
  • Minor infractions (1 point each, lasts 14 days on member's record):
    Hounding Other Members
    Use of internet memes
    Hijacking threads
    Bumping old topics
    Worthless or excessive topics/replies
    Annoying text formatting
    Malicious sexist/racist/homophobic/etc. remarks
  • Major infractions (10 points each, lasts 1 month on member's record):
    Spammed Advertisements
    Posting Not-Safe-For-Work Material
    Flooding/Griefing

After a user has accumulated 10 points, they are automatically banned for 1 day.
After a user has accumulated 20 points, they are automatically banned for 1 week.
After a user has accumulated 30 points, they are automatically banned for 1 month.

Any moderation above that should really be handled by an admin.

You can attach a PM to each infraction to give the person a message with the infraction. You should always do this with the 0 points infraction.

Additionally, all reported posts and infractions are catalogued in a new forum at the bottom of the list visible to members of these groups. This forum is called "Crime Lab". These people can also make posts in this forum if they want.

-------------------------------

So, in this thread, let me know what you think about this system and whether or not you want to be an Upright Citizen. I think general qualifications should be at least 1 year of membership and never having been banned before (unless they can explain why this shouldn't matter).

Also, I have no idea if the board tells everyone if they've been given an infraction for a post. If it does, I'll lower the bannable scores.

In this thread, either volunteer yourself or nominate people who you think should be members of this new group.

Last edited by Chojin : Mar 18th, 2008 at 07:09 PM.