View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 10:21 PM       
Quote:
I guess it would depend on how you view the war; however, regardless of how it is viewed, the Soldier is dying for his community.
Oh and this:
Depends on the soldier. Lots of soldiers are enlisted forcefully (draft). If they don't have a choice in the matter, how can it be a sacrifice -- or moral?
Many soldiers also join the military to get money, to travel and to get their college paid for. When was the last time somebody went to a military recruiter and come home saying, "I get the chance to die for my community" and not, "I'm gonna get a five thousand dollar incentive and all of these monetary advantages for bleh. Excellent retirement plan, too."
A lot of people also join the military because they don't know what to do with their life, or because they have no where to go. ;o or because they think its SO COOL AND MAKES THEM BETTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE. I WANNA TRAVEL. etcetera

Most people don't make sacrifices, they make exchanges. I'm not even sure there is such a thing as a "Sacrifice." Being somebody who sacrifices makes you a whore. I mean charitable. And that makes you MORE MORAL and clearly superior to other people.