View Single Post
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 02:07 PM       
Quote:
yes i'm asserting this without going down the list
No shit.

Quote:
because the site is asserting the movie has been completely discredited based on minor points..
And you know this without actually reading the list? I hope you can see the contradiction here.

Quote:
if you went to listen to heston at an nra rally on the west coast in 1999 say, then went to thier rally on the east coast the message would be very similar
Unless of course, one meeting (Denver) was a skeleton crew to discuss the state of the organization, as required by law, the second was a sort of birthday celebration for him, and ythe last was at an event to encourage people to register and vote. One of those wasn't even an NRA meeting.

Quote:
the splices say to me that the speech was just like so many other that he made without a change despite the shootings.
Why not use just one speech? And, if you look at the transcripts, you would see the actual speeches given.

Quote:
NOT a direct falsefication to say a completely different message.
Moore took different lines from completly different speeches and splice them together to get a speech to fit his own message. If that isn't lying, what is it?

Quote:
so i still don't think it discredits or changes the nra's stance at the time much.
Yes, it does. Moore made a completly different message. How does it not discredit what he is saying?

Quote:
i'm sure there were even members at those rallies that were clamoring for the same message moore was passing along, granted a minority though.
So? Big groups are bound to have a few insensitive assholes in them. Why is this held against Heston?

Quote:
nra and kkk? i'll have to take your word on it
Or, you can read the info you were provided with.

Quote:
did the membership jump at that time?
You mean did NRA membership jump the year it was founded? I would have to say yes.

Quote:
id rather give them the benefit of the doubt than take moores movie as stated
Then why are you so quick to get on Moore's bandwagon?

Quote:
i don't want to live in that kind of paranoia,
I got news for you.......it seems to most people here you are living it.

Quote:
still a movie/documentary has a thesis then a case to make.
add it up how you like, i think he made his case well in most parts.
Except where he lied, you know, most of the movie.