View Single Post
BobDole is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2006, 04:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RectalWart
Bob, old buddy old pal...you're full of shit. More people have been slaughtered in THE NAME OF GOD than in any 3 wars you can name put together. Christianity is DRENCHED in blood and power. Nowadays they dont' murder for god, they just try to control everything for god. Bastards.
I don't recall ever having denied this. Of course Christianity was drenched in blood and power, and this occured when the Christian church attempted to become more of a political body than a religious body, because the oldest form of establishing a powerful political body was through war and violence.

However, I find it ironic that you didn't even bother to address what I actually said, that being about the persecution of Christians in response to your idea that Christians have always ruled. Are you meaning to say, sir, that Christians have not been heavily persecuted throughout history? I'm certain that history proves you wrong. Now, before you bitch and say that I'm just trying to use this as an excuse for what the Church did, I'm not. What the Church had done in an attempt to elevate itself in power in the political arena, while using the excuse that they were agents of God, was an atrocity. But several other groups have committed equal atrocities, as well as other religious groups having said they killed in the name of God other than Christianity. Don't make it seem as if Christians pioneered killing in the name of a deity; it was done far before they came into power.