View Single Post
homoperfect is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2006, 12:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre X
Is Pharaoh claiming that gay marriage encourages promoscuity?
Are you incapable of reading my posts for yourself or what

Anyway, to save you the great trouble of doing so, no I'm not against gay marriage, and if it stops gays being so sexually promiscuous and spreading AIDS then that's great.

In fact we should allow black people to marry too. Maybe that would stop them from spreading AIDS as well. Although, hold on, of course they can already marry and they're still getting AIDS at an alarming rate. So obviously the fact that you can get married doesn't make much difference.
Marriage has nothing to do with AIDs. I would also urge you to look at your wording. Either, judging from the way you have explain things, you are contradicting your self or you are having trouble wording your statements to express your views. You do come off rather anti-homosexual. the stereotyping and generalizations you have made express this. yet you say you have no problem with it. I have already stated the scientific explination for why blacks are more prone to contract the virus. And as homosexuals do not have the avenue of marriage it is rather dishearting. You have to adjust to the ideas that you will never have marriage. Marriage is thought of as an expression of monogamy. that you will spend the rest of your life with this person and love only them. does this mean it isn't possible to do the same without marriage? no, it doesn't. but a commitment is less likely to be recognized by our society. with the institution of gay marriage we would be encouraging monogamous relationships. In this sense, monogamy may connect marriage with AIDs(but it wouldn't make any drastic impact on the spread of AIDs)