View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 08:26 PM       
So I had a job interview at the game store today! It went pretty well, the manager seemed really interested in the fact that I've done volunteer work taking apart and repairing/modifying computers, and wants to interview me again later when he starts doing repairs out of the store.

But that's not the important part. The important part is while I was waiting he encouraged me to make myself at home among the kiosks in the place, and I played Guitar Hero 3 and Halo 3, both of which were HORRENDOUS. :<

To start, GH3:
This game has some fucking problems, ok. The soundtrack is all right, but the game itself is a complete pile of shit. For one thing, the band member's character models and animations are so terrible and primitive that it is impossible to believe that this game wasn't made eight years ago for the original Playstation, left to fester, then re-released on newer systems with no visual updates whatsoever. It didn't look even half as good as the original Guitar Hero. Speaking of the PS1, by the way, Parappa the Rapper comes to mind when I play this because the game REFUSES to detect the notes I'm hitting when it's supposed to. I didn't play enough to decide if this was a shitty wireless guitar issue or if the notechart and the audio just don't synch up 100% of the time, but I had to hit frets way way early for it to register. Also, the fret signals kept gettting stuck and it wouldn't let me play any notes other than the one that jammed for periods of a few seconds, which is ridiculous for a game that requires you to be as rapid as this. I can blame that one on the wireless controller with reasonable confidence, I think.

I was planning on picking this up for my Wii when I had 80 dollars I didn't want anymore, but now I will not because this game is fucking awful.

Now then, Halo 3. I had less problems with this than GH3: the buttons are at least a little more responsive, and as always the visuals were PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY. At least, they would have been, if I could have fucking seen anything. Bungie seemed compelled to make this game a throwback to Marathon, and to that effect made the field of view ridiculously tight and horrible on the eyes. The fact that they also saw fit to put the crosshairs 3/4th of the way down the fucking screen and that the aiming mechanic is clunky as all hell probably didn't help, either. Mabye I've been spoiled by Metroid Prime 3 and all the PC shooters I've been bootlegging as of late, but Halo 3 definitely has the worst aiming I've seen from a console shooter in a long long long time. Again, the retarded placing of the crosshairs didn't make it easier. It most certainly was not as good as Bioshock, contrary to Chojin's opinion. And no, DuFresne, I am not just being a Yahtzeefag here.

So yes, pretty much any reason for me to get a 360 just went down the shitter.

But I'm totally probably going to get this job sometime in the future!