View Single Post
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 8th, 2010, 05:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Quit being a holier than thou, passive aggressive cunt.

I didn't think the cars handled like boats, the cover system was fine, having bitchy people call you was just part of the game, and, frankly, it's wholly your fault for getting a game that didn't run well on YOUR PC. GTA IV and its expansions run perfectly fine on my computer, and I built it for about $300 at the beginning of the Summer from old parts. The game is very CPU dependant.
You did it again lol. Instead of focusing on the issue, you personally insulted me. I don't care, this is a web forum, you can insult me all day and it makes no difference.

The PC version and the 360 version have performance issues. I got the game in 2008 and I haven't upgraded it since 2008. God forbid me thinking that the requirements on the box, which are light years ahead of an Xbox 360 and my system surpasses by a great margin, wouldn't be enough to run the game above 20fps. It's my fault, not the shitty porting job that the publisher did. You should try Saints Row 2 on PC and tell me what you think lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
The crappy handling was an example of them trying to make the cars handle like their real world counterparts. A bad example. I had hoped that game designers learned their lesson from this, but the folks at Mafia 2 went one step further and brought in realistic handling for cars that are terrible.

And you are correct in pointing out that a game where you play a criminal does have quite a few points where you have to flee from the authorities.

As for K&L2, I have no interested because apart from being a bad port, the game appears to be the same bland cover-based shooter it was in the first incarnation. The reviews I've read all seem to mention the same problems:

1. Intentionally bad graphics look bad-bad.
2. The cover fails to serve as cover far too often.
3. The single player campaign is still short.
4. The story goes nowhere and ends rather anticlimactically.

Yahtzee even claimed that the last fight in the game was between K&L and two dogs. Please tell me that's just a joke.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...nch-2-Dog-Days

Posted because it's funny, and because it's the only one I've heard where he actually sounds angry while he's doing his thing.
The crappy handling in GTAIV was just crappy handling period. I remember playing the first mission and thinking that the game was broken, 5 minutes later I realized that it was meant to be broken. There's a million handling mods for the PC version just to make it playable with or without a controller. Mafia 2 is just as bad with the icy roads. Do they ever get the snow cleared off?

lol, the end of K&L2 is a dash to the finish and the last two enemies that attack you are dogs. The cover in the game degrades as it's shot to shit by your enemies, so you do end up getting shot alot. If you didn't like the anticlimactic ending of the first game, you won't like it in the second game either. Yahtzee is a funny guy, because I'd agree with him on some of his gripes about the game, but it's a decent game. You should get it when the price drops, the co-op and multiplayer are fun.